BOC understands the single most important factor in achieving favourable results in fish farming is the oxygen level in the water, as fish absorb it through direct contact with water. Maintaining the right oxygen level in the water improves feed utilisation (feed conversion efficiency), reduces the growth period and fish mortality. Appropriate use of oxygen will significantly enhance the fish farm’s financial viability and provide additional production stability.
BOC has developed a number of pioneering oxygenation technologies suiting all aquaculture concepts from flow-through and recirculation systems to sea cages, to all fresh and sea water plants and to all farmed fish species and the transportation of fish. Our tailored SOLVOX® oxygenation solutions and complementary services are geared towards:
- Improving specific growth rate (SGR) for increased profitability
- Increasing fish growth rates even on higher stocking densities
- Improved fish health and reduced mortality
- Enhancing the animal welfare by optimising the oxygen concentration in water
- Distributing the oxygenated water more effectively to the fish
- Regulating oxygen dosage for smooth and reliable operation
- Engineered solutions that are safe and reliable
BOC recognises the issues in aquaculture that many in the industry face and has a thorough understanding of the interplay of all the elements in fish farming through our international network of fish farming experts.