- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pestcontrol
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Melting & Heating
- Moulding, Foaming, Forming & Extrusion
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Process Chemistry
- Water & Soil Treatment
Mixtures of hydrogen (H2) and carbon monoxide (CO), known as syngas, are fed to processes for large scale production of methanol and various so-called oxo products like higher alcohols and aldehydes.
Among other applications is e. g. the elimination of oxygen from boiler feed water.
Main processes for hydrogen production:
Steam reforming of methane or other hydrocarbons
Gasification of organic feedstock to syngas (H2/CO)
Recovery from gaseous waste streams
Electrolysis of NaCl.